Housing Disrepair Solicitors
Is your property in need of repair?
You do not need to suffer in silence as tenants you have rights too. If you are a tenant and living in rented property, which has fallen into disrepair, you may have a disrepair claim against your landlord if they have failed to repair faults or not kept the property in good condition.
If you have been hurt or have developed an illness while living in a rented home and the failure of your landlord to look after the property has in any way contributed to your condition, you may be entitled to compensation and apply for an order by the court to have works carried out.
The landlord’s obligations are set out under several pieces of legislations, namely, the Landlord and Tenant Act (LTA) 1985, which applies to tenancies entered into after 1961. Your landlord also has various responsibilities regarding the upkeep of the property they rent out to you, these include among others:
- The property meets fire safety regulations
- Ensuring a boiler is working properly, and is safe
- Carrying out building repairs to plasterwork, roofs and other areas
- Repairing gas and water leaks
- Tackling problems with mould and damp caused by disrepair
Why Choose Daniel & Baker
We are highly experienced in helping people who have suffered because of failures on the part of their landlord. Providing the assistance you require every step of the way;
- We can carry out a free initial assessment of your case
- We can represent you in bringing a claim on a No Win No Fee Basis
- Get a professional surveyor to complete and inspection of your property
- Get your landlord to carry out works
- Get you the compensation you deserve
GET IN TOUCH
All initial enquiries are completely free of charge, call our Housing Disrepair department and speak to a solicitor on 0161 5050 635 or complete a free online enquiry form and a member of the housing disrepair team will contact you on the number and time provided.
- 0161 505 0635